Fast-forward in a competitive (fin)tech environment
About the company
Project duration: 1 year
As a result of many acquisitions in the past, the R&D department was not internally aligned nor were they responsive to business and/or technical challenges. The mood curve was low and the development capacity and quality were not up to par with the desired levels and that of the competition. Measurements had to be taken, and quickly.
Essensys introduced a Senior Interim Executive Mathieu G. to address the customer challenges in several focus areas:
- DevOps transformation and way forward.
- Strengthened the technical management team and organize the department around a clear and comprehensive vision.
- Develop an innovative change management program tailored to customer needs (putting people out of their comfort zone).
- Program and portfolio management aligned with Agile techniques & Kaizen approach.
- Create a strong relationship with the product department.
- After just one month, we managed to launch a change management program/vision/mission with dozens of new initiatives and noticed the first results coming in.
- 6 months in, the department was back on track regarding deliveries and agility.
- After one-year time and by the end of the project we managed to create and establish a strong and resilient organization, performing with focused priorities and ready to initiate any new challenges.
The vision of the Executive Interim Manager who was placed by Essensys, will now be deployed internationally as a testimony of success.
In addition, the current management requested that the Essensys Executive Interim Manager stayed on board after the successful completion of the initially fixed-term assignment.
The fact that the Executive Manager is still in place and has even taken up a new position with even more responsibility than before, stands as a testimony to the great results.