Guaranteeing operational continuity while driving continuous improvement
About the company
Industry: Food processing
Project duration: 11 months
Our client experienced an unexpected exit of their Plant Manager, and was therefore in urgent need of an experienced Interim Manager for one of their Belgian plants.
The goal was clear: ensure operational continuity, while initiating a change program with focus on cultural change in a strong unionized environment. Aside from that, the Interim Manager also had to drive a continuous improvement program to optimize efficiency and increase the overall plant performance while facing the expanding effect of the Coronavirus.
Essensys delivered an experienced, high-level Plant Manager with a solid track record in the food industry, able to operate in a complex unionized environment where it was of critical importance to successfully manage stakeholders and industrial relations. While ensuring operational continuity of this non-stop production plant, the Essensys Interim Manager initiated a plant-wide change program with strong focus on change in mentality, efficiency and effectiveness, productivity and quality increase and a mindset of continuous improvement.
With open dialogue and clear communication, our Interim Manager successfully executed this change and optimization program while maintaining positive relations with unions and staff in a tense unionized environment.
- Guaranteed operational continuity of the plant, producing over 1 mio finished products per day
- Successfully initiated and executed a change program with strong focus on cultural change, operational efficiency and continuous improvement with no downtime in plant production
- Created opportunities for further improvement, beyond the scope of the assignment – thereby exceeding our client’s expectations
- Positively developed and maintained labor and industrial relations in a strong unionized environment
- Smooth transition to the newly appointed Plant Manager
Choose your Interim Manager wisely
Turbulent times require a steady hand. Guiding your organization through change calls for decisive and swift actions. The top 12% of the Essensys Executive Interim Managers portfolio comprises champions in change and transformation. Champions who help you drive change and assure the implementation of your strategic goals.
Looking for an Interim Manager to initiate and execute a complex strategic project? Book a call with us to see how we can help.