Merging business units and teams to solidify operations
About the company
Project duration: 1 year
The automotive group’s leadership team was looking to merge its different Belgian business units into one organization based out of a single location. The sales, import, distribution and financing departments were to be integrated in a cost-efficient and employee-focused way that would lead to operational excellence. To this purpose, Essensys matched an Interim Business Transformation Manager to guide the management in Belgium and take the burden off its HR team.
Essensys Executive Interim Manager Ghislain V. outlined a dedicated change program to bring together the 400 staff members into one organization at a central location.
The program was set up within the confines of a strict budget as put forward by the Paris headquarters and included:
- Program set-up and definition of timeline and deadlines,
- Definition of KPI reporting standards,
- Implementation of new ways of working, including new workspace organization, transport policy and remote work policy,
- Advice to the internal work council and HR committee regarding the health and safety impact of the transformation track,
- Supervision of the renovations, decorations and logistics partner,
- Coordination of logistics.
Thanks to clear planning and scheduling, the entire change program was executed well within the designated time frame and budget. By taking on all change management-related responsibilities, the Essensys Business Transformation Manager allowed the organization’s HR Director to fully focus on negotiating key HR issues with union representatives.