Leading the business towards an Industry 4.0 model
About the company
Project duration: 6 months
The organization required the implementation of a change strategy. The main goal was to support the production industry on its way to a so-called Industry 4.0 or smart industry model. This was to be done in close collaboration with key stakeholders, including the Flanders Make strategic research centre for the production industry.
The business asked Essensys to assist and execute on the required change and define an overarching strategy and vision for the new industry 4.0 business, taking into account its position within the rest of the organization. Key objectives:
- Definition of new processes and roles for team members, competence matrix and key positions,
- Optimization of the entire engineering process, for increased efficiency and quality,
- Fostering a high-trust culture,
- Build strategic alliances with other business units and companies within the group,
- Manage key accounts and take on full P&L responsibility.
Using the Lean Manufacturing business strategy, operational activities were reorganized. This, in turn, led to increased productivity and competitiveness. The Essensys Executive Interim Manager created a dashboard with actionable KPIs, which allowed for a weekly follow-up that improved accountability. Together with the team, market segmentation and client analysis exercises were used as a basis to spot opportunities for further growth.
After an initial six-month period, the assignment was extended for further execution and follow-up. This allowed for further building of external partnerships and implementation of the new strategy.