Operational growth plan for family-owned business success
About the company
Industry: Meat processing
Project duration: 1 year
To support the ambitious growth strategy of the business, the owners called upon Essensys to bring on board an Interim Executive who would be able to help with the design of an operational growth plan. This roadmap would ideally lay the foundations in guiding the company through its change process.
Michel Van Hemele, Managing Partner at Essensys, together with Executive Interim Manager Erwin D., designed a seven-step operational growth plan. After initial approval, the Essensys Executive Manager set to work to execute on the proposed steps and implement the business transformation. Key work areas:
- Market analysis of different continental Western European meat markets,
- Analysis and prioritization of opportunities based on growth potential, budget, expected financial return and risk assessment,
- Workshop facilitation with the board members to establish consensus on market priorities: vegetarian meat alternatives and halal meat,
- Development plan for roll-out for high-priority growth projects,
- Redesign of organizational structure in function of growth strategy and operational excellence,
- Auditing of existing production processes and optimization of output and management reporting tools,
- Design of factory extension plan.
Upon review, analysis and roadmap design, the organization initiated its business transformation by developing a new production facility for halal products. In line with the now more clearly defined business strategy, the company board members started negotiations on a possible acquisition of a competitor in a niche market.