The quest for a reliable Interim Executive to lead change management
About the company
Industry: Inspection & certification services
Project duration: 5 months
After a major business reorganization, the management was urgently looking to fill a temporary Operations Manager position to lead a team of 146 employees through a transitioning period, until a full-time hire could be made. Safeguarding business continuity, facilitating cooperation and providing leadership were crucial requirements.
In addition, the board had established a number of key objectives:
- Improving order-to-cash lead times,
- Analysis and improvement of billable rate,
- Introduction of value-based pricing for billable employees.
Essensys Executive Interim Manager Jef V. set to work and delivered on the Essensys core values by introducing a temporary Executive Operations Manager within three working days.
Within the 5-month framework of the assignment, our Executive Interim Manager successfully implemented a number of changes:
- Implementation of new meeting structure - operations & team meetings, one-on-ones, etc. - to improve communication and employee engagement, with emphasis on ownership and accountability,
- Improvement of process consistency and introduction of KPIs,
- Employee reshuffle to optimize employee satisfaction and improve billability.
Thanks to a perfect corporate fit between the selected Executive Interim Manager and the business, the Business Transformation Manager appointed by Essensys overachieved on the targets that were set:
- Improved operational readiness: 30% WIP invoicing decrease, improved margins and better utilization rate,
- Foundational framework for value-based pricing,
- Straightforward handover to new, full-time Executive Manager.